Here I the slightly overdramatized series of events that led me to a rare critter today:
- 4:00 pm. I've finally arrived in my driveway after a long day of taking pictures at work. First thought: SO. THIRSTY. NEED PINK LEMONADE.
- 4:02 pm. I open the garage door and make a run for the fridge in there. I snatched the pink lemonade bottle Indiana Jones style as though it were the lost ark. I opened it up and started making my way outside to enjoy the gorgeous summer day and my delicious, sweet pink lemonade.... Are you thirsty yet? (Hahah.)
- 4:03 and 3 nanoseconds pm. *POKEMON ALERT GAMEBOY MUSIC PLAYS*.... A WILD LEAVANNY APPEARS (on the side of the garage door)!
- 4:04 pm. I realize that I unfortunately did not go through a multiverse portal into the Pokemon world, and that the Leavanny is in fact, a little praying mantis... Ah well, I can dream right?
- 4:05 pm. I realize that praying mantes are supposed to be omens of good luck at least! Yay me :)
- 4:05 pm and 42 seconds pm. My Mr. RickyPhotographerMan instincts kick in, so I run in and grab my camera.
- 4:07 pm. The praying mantis has hopped down, so I scurry and get down on the ground take some macro shots of it on my driveway before I lose it on its pilgrimage to my great green lawn.
Check out the pictures below!
Maybe those who stumble upon my pictures may find good fortune awaiting them soon as well (Yay internet!) ;)